I feel utterly overwhelmed, but also vacant. Always in a strange, paradoxical state. It’s been nearly two years since I last wrote. I’ve returned with a different vision for this blog. I hope to use it to organize my life and ambitions, as well as log my accomplishments and things I might find worthwhile sharing with my future self (and dare I say future offspring). You know that feeling you get when there’s absolutely too much to do and you feel paralyzed? I’ve been feeling that way for the past year. Here’s what I hope to do and gain from frequently posting on this blog.
- By always having my list of life priorities simply staring at me, I hope that I will be better able to manage them.
- To help me create a list of priorities-I often want do so many different things that I fail to focus and follow through as much as I’d like.
- By organizing all the things that need to be done, I hope that I will be more motivated, efficient and productive.
- I hope to practice (and hopefully improve) my writing skills. I hope to improve not only my style of writing but to be able to implement my newfound in depth (to an extent) knowledge of linguistics. (I have seriously been considering pursuing teaching in an academic environment once I graduate, and I think strong writing skills are quite important in helping me reach this goal. I also am considering teaching the GMAT while I’m in school so I can continue to have teaching experience-knowledge and practice of English linguistics will be quite helpful here. This topic will likely be addressed in an entire blog post quite soon.)
- To better understand myself in the present and in the future.
- To reflect on things I have learned and decisions I have made.
- To have a log that helps me feel more accountable for the things I have done and the things that I haven’t.
- I hope that this blog will be a delightful (and somewhat productive) form of de-stressing.
- To foster my creativity! I hope to post recipes and DIY projects that I am particularly proud of.
- To figure out what I should be doing with my life!
I feel somewhat narcissistic, as if I am writing myself a love letter. I do hope that this blog will help me better myself. And on another note, why is my wordpress username “pumpkinpie22”? I do not even like pumpkin pie. And on another, more alarming note, I am 26, how terrifying (I am assuming I was 22 when I created that username).
Until next time.